Texercise is proud to announce the launch of Texercise Nourish
March is National Nutrition Month. As the Texercise Program Coordinator for Texas Health and Human Services, one of the main aspects of healthy aging that we promote through the Texercise program is good nutrition. Healthy eating is a key component to aging and living well, however, according to the 2021 Senior Report by America’s Health Rankings, Texas ranked 47th (third highest rate) for food insecurity with 18 percent of Texans 60 and older experienced food insecurity.
Texercise is proud to announce the launch of Texercise Nourish – a free, 12-week nutrition education program for adults 45 and older. Nourish brings groups together (in-person or virtually) once a week to learn about, and engage in, healthy eating for healthy aging. The Nourish Coordinator Kit provides program coordinators with everything needed to host the program including an easy step-by-step guide.
To support participants in adopting healthy eating behaviors, Texercise Nourish provides:
- Reinforcement items – portion plates, reusable grocery bags, t-shirts, and more
- Educational materials – Nourish handbook, fact sheets and the Take Charge Challenge sheet
In recognition of National Nutrition Month, join Texercise in one of four webinars to learn more about Texercise Nourish, how you can host a Nourish program and how to participate in the second mini-challenge – focused on Nourish – of the 2022 Texercise Challenge series. Register for one of the webinars below:
- Thursday, March 17 from 2:00-3:00PM https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3252676873969933072
- Monday, March 21 from 11:30AM-12:00PM https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8769699667196513035
- Wednesday, March 23 from 9:00-10:00AM https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3785534293650715661
- Tuesday, March 29 from 10:00-11:00AM https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/262967319093599502
Visit the Texercise website to learn more about Nourish. We look forward to sharing Nourish with you and supporting healthy eating for healthy aging across the state!